This website is operated by Moosehead Publishing, a company registered in England and Wales, as a sole trader.
The Services are designed partly for children. Therefore we are aware that we must be extra cautious when processing personal information. Most of our Services contain a children’s section (the “Children’s Area”) and a separate parents’ (or guardians’) section (the “Grown-Up Area”). In the Children’s Area, children mainly participate only by playing games, reading e-books and/or watching videos. We generally do not offer any place in the Children’s Area where a child can sign up or enter personal information themselves. Typically, the only part of the Services where anyone can enter personal information directly is the Grown-Up Area. Accordingly, in most cases, we do not anticipate that we will be collecting personal information directly from any children. We anticipate and assume that we will be collecting personal information only from parents or guardians.
If you are under the age of 13, you may only use the Services and provide personal information if you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following personal information:
- email address;
- country and other geolocation information;
- date of birth;
- password and other authentication information;
- responses to any customer satisfaction surveys or market research (unless these are provided anonymously);
- marketing preferences;
- any information you submit as part of a competition; and
- information about your device (such as your IP address or other device identifier) and your usage of the Services through cookies (and similar technologies) as further described below.
If you contact us with a complaint or query, we may keep a record of any phone number used to call us as well as the correspondence.
How and when we collect your personal information
We may collect personal information from you when you:
- participate in, access or sign up to any of the Services’ activities, online content, newsletters, or competitions;
- create an online account or fill in any other forms on the Services;
- contact our customer service teams or request information from us in any other way;
- respond to communications from us;
- participate in our customer satisfaction surveys or other market research; or
- communicate with us via social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies.
When you browse or otherwise use the Services, we will also collect certain information about your device and your use of the Services using cookies and similar technologies as further described below.
We will indicate where any personal information we have requested is mandatory or optional. Please note that if you decide not to provide certain information which we have indicated is mandatory, in some circumstances this may mean we are unable to provide you with a certain service or product.
We may also collect personal information about you from third party sources.
How we may use your personal information
We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our Services, activities or online content and to provide information about our Services, activities and online content which may be tailored to your individual tastes;
- to contact prize winners of competitions;
- to identify you as the winner of a particular competition;
- to send out newsletters you have subscribed to;
- to provide you with services that you request;
- for system administration purposes and for internal operations (including troubleshooting, data analysis, and testing) to ensure the Services operate properly;
- to distinguish you from other users (for example to remember your log-in details);
- to analyse your use of the Services to improve the user experience and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to notify you of any changes to the Services;
- to provide customer support and ensure we provide a good level of customer service;
- where you have given us your consent or we are otherwise permitted by law, to contact you (including by e-mail) with products and services which we think may interest you– you can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time;
- where you have given your consent, to pass your personal information to selected third parties for marketing purposes; and
- for geo-based redirection (so that if you see the correct version of the Services depending on the country from which you are accessing the Services);
- for security and fraud prevention;
- to ensure that our Services are safe and secure; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also collect information about visitors to and users of the Services for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes.
Legal basis for processing your personal information
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use the personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively as a provider of children’s content and related services, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights.
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
Where we store your personal information
The personal information that we collect will be stored by Moosehead Publishing in the UK.
How we keep your personal information
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised.
Where we have collected personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal information. However, please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
Do we share personal information with any third parties?
If a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of our business and/or assets, we may disclose your personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition. We may also disclose your personal information where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency. We may also disclose personal information to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction) or where we are required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency.
Cookies and similar technologies
We may also use technologies such as tag, pixels or web beacons. These are objects embedded in a web page or email and are usually invisible to the user but allows checking that a user has viewed the page or email. The site may also use “local shared objects”, also known as “flash cookies”. These are pieces of data that websites which use certain video players may store on your computer, such as game preferences or game progress.
Third party sites
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that we hold about you and regularly review our security measures to consider new technologies and methods, to safeguard your data. Please note that no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure and we consequently cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that we receive over the Internet.
You must keep your password and any other authentication information for the Services confidential. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password or any other authentication information, you must promptly notify us using the contact details below.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.
We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please conduct us using the contact details below.
You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority (such as the UK Information Commissioner’s Office) if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns we request that you initially contact us (using the contact details below) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
Please note, the email address above is for privacy related queries, technical issues and general queries.
Alternatively, you can contact us in writing via the details below:
6 Fenny Copse Lane